I am very excited, nervous and frankly eager to start my first 4-week clinical rotation. I’m looking forward to applying the nuggets of information I picked up in my clinical orientation and MFM weeks and building on my clinical skills.
My objectives for this rotation:
- Continue to build on my clinical and therapeutic process with a focus on strengthening my ability to justify recommendations and provide alternatives
- I want to develop a strategy on how to ensure that I follow-up with all my patients and begin to develop the ability to prioritize with that respect. (Especially since this is a longer rotation).
- I want to work on my monitoring parameters, to ensure that my follow-up process is thorough and efficient.
- Specifically ensuring that my monitoring parameters are specific, measurable and identify what parameters are relevant to the patient’s care plan.
- Become familiar with common pediatric diseases and complications.
- To be involved in a patient interaction around admission or discharge to provide pharmaceutical care at these exceptionally important points of hospital care.