My second clinical rotation is upcoming, and I am excited to return to Surrey Memorial for it! I am also excited to delve right into critical care with NICU. As this will be completely new conditions that I haven’t encountered before, I am excited to see how my thought process that I have developed so far will help balance out the huge knowledge gap. My objectives for this rotation:
- Focus on alternatives before coming up with my recommendation
- Think thoroughly of my alternatives – at least several reasons of why or why not they are feasible for my patient
- Become more specific with regards to monitoring, and continue practicing head-to-toe monitoring plans
- Continue building on my pediatric (and neonatal) knowledge base by learning about a variety of neonatal conditions
- Continue presenting work-ups in a systematic and thorough manner and fine tune any issues in anticipation of oral exams.
- To complete several PK procedure logs for gentamicin and vancomycin levels