I am looking forward to a month long of intensive care and intensive thought process growth. Having had a few PICU patients in my previous rotation (ID), I am looking forward to following these patients more comprehensively. I hope to be able to develop my thought process further in this upcoming month…especially since it will be my first go at the oral exam.
My rotation specific goals include:
- To create an appropriate treatment and monitoring plan for critically ill patients with fluid, electrolyte disturbances, and acid/base disorders
- To compare and contrast the commonly used vasopressors in regards to their pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and toxicities, as well as their role in the treatment of critically ill patients.
- To be able to describe the effect of drug deposition and PK in plasmapheresis and dialysis
My thought process specific goals:
- To be thorough in my thought process with a focus on therapeutic alternatives.
- To be able to proficiently prioritize DTPs and patients in a rapidly changing critical care area
- To ensure my follow up of my patients is systematic and thorough (and to potentially try some new monitoring forms to aid with this)